The all-new TLR "22" 1:10 Electric 2WD Racing buggy redefines the norm and raises the standard that all 1:10 electric off road racing buggies will be marked by.
For the past 18 months, the TLR team have quietly been gathering data, testing prototypes and accruing information about the 1:10 off-road global race scene. The 22 is the result of many months of hard work and countless hours and thousands of laps of testing. Testing in the hot sunny climate of Southern California and the wet and often uncompromising weather of the UK, the TLR design team have encouraged and supported input from our global team drivers in the quest to deliver the most complete competition buggy in the world.
Drawing upon the Team Losi Racing heritage of creating innovative solutions, to complex problems, the TLR 22 design team have delivered what to many is considered as being the holy grail of 2WD design technology; a 2WD 1:10 off-road competition buggy that can be built in either a rear motor configuration or a mid motor configuration! To the 22 driver, no longer can it be argued that your motor is in the wrong place! With the TLR 22, two really is better than one.
European, high-bite Astroturf style tracks often favour the mid-motor configuration whereby the mass of the motor is placed inboard and where its rotation is optimised by a 4-gear transmission to aid drive and traction whereas clay and traditional dirt style tracks can require the more traditional 3-gear rear-motor configuration. The TLR 22 is the first production car in the world to encompass the dramatic differences and design challenges of combining both concepts into the one buggy.
All of the parts required to build the car in either configuration are contained in the kit so the choice is really only down to the driver. What's more, the modular design of the "22" means that it's feasible to swap from one configuration to the other during a race meeting if you really can't decide which way is quicker – or if the weather conditions change drastically. It's like having your cake and eating it.
For the first time ever, the TLR 22 gives the choice back to the driver, enabling them to choose which configuration best suits the conditions or their own driving style. In a world where success and failure is measured in hundredths of a second, this no-compromise design attitude from the TLR engineers is set again, as it has done so in the past, to challenge established pre-conceptions and deliver astounding results.
- Mid- and Rear-Motor Option
- 2.5mm Hard Anodized Aluminium Chassis
- Adjustable Caster via the Spindle (0, 3, 5, 10°)
- 12mm Big Bore Aluminium Shock with Bladder Compensator
- Adjustable Front Kick via Shims
- All-Metric Hardware
- Adjustable Spindle Carrier (Inline or Trailing)
- Gull Wing Suspension Arm Design (Front and Rear)
- Wide Range or Rear Toe Adjustability
- Optimized Motor Placement for Balance
- Simple Repair Bolt-On Camber Blocks
- Innovative Steering Rack Design
- 3.5mm Heavy-Duty Turnbuckles
- Long-Life Titanium Nitrated Hinge Pins
- Vertical Mounted Ball Studs
- Optimized Battery Tray to Use Future Battery Technology
- Dual Disk Slipper Clutch
- Secure Battery Straps
- Type: Electric Race Buggy
- Scale: 1/10
- Length: 389mm (15.125")
- Width: 250mm (9.875")
- Wheelbase: 284mm-288mm (11.81" - 11.33")
- Chassis: 2.5mm 7075 T-6 Aluminium
- Suspension: Independent
- Shock Type: Oil Filled with Bladder Compensation
- Drive train: 3 Gear and 4 Gear Transmission
- Differential: Ball Differential
- Wheel Type: Dish
- Wheel Diameter: 55.9mm (2.2")
- Wheel Width: Rear 38.1mm (1.5"), Front 24.8mm (.980")
- Tyre Compound: No tyres included
- Spur Gear: 76
- Gear Pitch: 48
- Internal Ratio: 2.43:1
- Kit or RTR: Kit