Multiplex FunCub XL Kit
More than just fun – it's huge fun!
We developed the MULTIPLEX FunCub XL as a large multi-function high-wing aerobatic tug doubling as a fun machine. The XL boasts incredible short take-off and landing (STOL) capability. With its large, soft tundra tyres it copes with any terrain, and can be flown just about anywhere The kit will delight you wih its high-level pre-fabrication. To fly the model you will need at least a seven-channel radio control system, a suitable receiver, six HiTEC HS-225 BB servos, the MULTIPLEX "FunCub XL" power set and two 3S LiPo batteries of 3200 mAh capacity.This ELAPOR® model features many great details including very elegant LED covers for the optional lighting system based on the POWER-MULTIlight (# 7 3030) - a real eye-catcher. It also includes an aero-tow release as standard, and a large load bay for which a matching parachutist (# 852004) is also available. If you wish to use the supplementary functions, you will need a radio control system with at least ten channels. Naturally a sensible floats set (# 733098) of FunCub XL proportions is also available.
The FunCub XL responds very accurately to the controls - like a proper 'grown-up' aircraft! We provided the model with large control surfaces and plenty of power, and its nicely balanced handling makes it capable of vertical climbs, aerobatics and knife-edge flight - even torque rolls are possible!
A series of very sophisticated design details are a distinctive feature of the FunCub XL, which sets new standards in its class. "M-frame technology" ensures an extremely robust fuselage, while strong, lightweight carbon fibre tubes do the same for the wings. The aircraft also includes offset landing flaps and struts with quick-release fittings for fast, ultra-simple rigging at the field.
- Highly pre-fabricated kit
- Pre-cut decal sheet
- Many supplementary functions raise the fun factor to amazing heights
- Extremely precise, mature flying characteristics
- Offset landing flaps for steep descents and short take-off capability
- Huge, soft wheels provide off-road ability
- "M-frame technology" ensures a robust fuselage
- Strong, lightweight carbon tubes in the wings
- Low minimum flying speed
- Suitable for aero-towing gliders (e.g. HERON-size)
- Separate wing panels for ease of transport
- Potent power set (# 33 2610) available
Moulded ELAPOR® components for fuselage, wings, tail panels, cowl and canopy, also load bay. Tubular CFRP wing spars, laser-cut plywood fuselage parts, aluminium undercarriage unit, two soft wheels, plastic spinner, 5 mm Ø propeller driver, aero-tow release. All small plastic parts and linkage components required, pre-cut decal sheet and comprehensive instructions.
- Wingspan: 1700 mm
- Overall length: 1200 mm
- All-up weight: 2850 g
- Control channels: 7 - 10
- RC functions: Rudder, elevator, ailerons, landing flaps, throttle optional aero-tow release, optional load bay, optional navigation lights and landing light
- Flight time: approx. 6 min. (6S ~ 3300Ah)
Model No.: MPX214331
£194.99 Each[Supplier Stock]