What is Scrappee?
An easy to build, stable flying model kit, created as an introduction to the world of micro radio controlled aviation.
If you're looking for a way into a fantastically absorbing hobby, this is by far the best way to go.
The Scrappee has been designed from the ground up by Microaces to satisfy a number of goals:
- An easy, quick build kit that's also tough AND repairable.
- The ultimate introduction to building strong, lightweight micros using modern materials.
- An ideal platform for learning to fly micro radio control.
However, the Scrappee is not exclusively for the beginner. Because of its wide speed envelope, light weight and clean lines it can climb fast, loop big and turn quickly. Indoors and out, even in a breeze, its a great performing airplane that can be enjoyed by seasoned modellers too.
Scrappee Biplane Classic
With all the hallmarks of a privateer from the golden age of aviation; two tone colour scheme and elliptical wings and tail shaping, the Biplane Classic is a visual delight when in the air but is also able to take the abuse of the learning-to-fly process too.
The Kit Contains
- SHEET PARTS 2mm laser cut Depron Airframe sheet
- 1mm printed & laser cut Depron fuselage sheet
- 1mm printed & laser cut Depron flight surfaces sheet x 2
- 200 micron printed & laser cut polypropylene sheet
- Polyester sticker sheet
- LOOSE PARTS 0.8mm laser cut plywood motor mount
- Two 30mm Ø Sponge rubber tires + 3D printed hub assembly
- Four 3mm & two 4mm Ø neodymium magnets
- 2mm Ø carbon fibre rod axle
- Pre-shaped piano wire elevator & rudder control rods
The kit is available as Kit Only - which provides you with the complete airframe. You will need other items to complete this model. Essentially you will need a MXL_RX62HV2 Board – We have them available in FRSky , SFHSS Futaba and DSMX/DSM2 Protocols
Parkzone PKZ3351, PKZ3352 or PKZUA1151 Receiver Boards will fit, but other donor RC gear may be adapted.
Micro Aces Motor and Gear Box with Standard Shaft
The PKZ3624 Parkzone Motor is also suitable. Again, other Donor models might have suitable motor and gear boxes. Recycling your gear keeps costs down.
1-Cell Lipo. 130-180mAh 1S 25C with UM connector works well.
We suggest E-Flite EFLB1501S45 or similar
You will require UHU Por as the main adhesive and scalpel, 180 grit sandpaper or stick, straight edge ruler and tweezers are handy.
Scrappee kits come with a step by step printed Assembly Guide illustrating every detail of the build to ensure you succeed in producing a great looking and flying model.
Scrappee Classic Indoors Video