Great looks, an accurate WW2 colour scheme and AS3X technology that delivers automatically enhanced flight stability means that this P-51D doesn't just look good, it flies superbly as well!
The P-51D features durable Z-foam construction and plenty of scale details. Moulded panel lines, clear canopy, gun and exhaust details, pilot figure, instrument panel details, 4-bladed prop all contribute to a great looking model, with it finished in an accurate WW2 colour scheme. "Meg" was a P-51 flown by 1St Lt Clarence L. Boretsky of the 334th Fighter Squadron stationed in Debden in the UK from mid 1944 to early 1945 when he finished his tour of duty.
Until the introduction of AS3X flying micro sized electric models outdoors could often prove quite challenging to say the least, now with AS3X onboard twitchy, difficult to handle and less than enjoyable flights are a thing of the past. In the air the advanced AS3X™ (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) System will work behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of forces like P-factor, turbulence and torque. Instead of an ultra micro, you'll feel like you're at the controls of an expertly tuned, Giant-Scale model that flies like it's on rails.
Fixed landing gear comes as standard but this is easily removed giving an enhanced scale look in the air. The durable foam means that there is little risk of damage during belly landings, however rough concrete is not the ideal landing surface, so indoor or on grass are the places to land.
Everything needed to get in the air is included, so there's nothing else to purchase. The Mustang is assembled and ready to go out of the box, there's no building necessary, so you can be airborne in the time it takes to charge the LiPo battery.
- ParkZone® DSM2™/DSMX® receiver/ESC/AS3X unit, installed
- Moulded panel lines
- Clear canopy with pilot figure
- Gun, exhaust and instrument panel details
- 4-Bladed prop
- Realistic 334th Fighter Squadron trim scheme
- Removable landing gear with steerable tail wheel
- Includes ParkZone MLP4DSM 4-channel transmitter
- 8.5mm brushed motor
- Includes 1S 150mAh 25C LiPo battery
- 1-cell DC charger
- Wingspan: 410mm (16.2 inch)
- Overall Length: 357mm (14.1 inch)
- Flying Weight: 43g (1.5 oz)
- Motor: 8mm brushed
- Receiver: DSM2/DSMX AS3X receiver/ESC
- Servos: SPMSA2030L (1), SPMSA2030L on board (PCB) (2)
- Battery: 150mAh 3.7V LiPo
- Charger: 1S 3.7V LiPo charger (DC)