From Steve Webb Models & ServoShop Direct.
This model is manufactured by the World Models Company – to keep the price as low as possible – It is only available from ServoShop or Steve Webb Models direct. Our normal carriage terms do not apply – this item carries an excess fee for carrier dispatch. Because of the nature of the product we would recommend collection in person where possible from SWM , Frodsham, Cheshire – see the contact us page for details.
- Order Number:A309 - Model:The Impulse F3A Composite Aerobatic Model
- Wing Span : 75 in / 1910 mm
- Wing Area : 1028 sq in / 66.3 sq dm
- Flying Weight : 9.9~10.3 lb / 4500~4700 g
- Fuselage Length : 77.5 in / 1965 mm
- Engine Required : 4 -stroke 1.40~1.70 engine
- Radio Required : 4 channel radio w/ 5 servos
- F3A competition model.
- Precision maneuvers at pilot’s command
- All wood construction reinforced with composite material.
- Glass final coat with hand painted color scheme.
- Carbon fibre landing gear and spinner
For the serious Aerobatic Flyers! We are pleased to announce that Graham Roscoe has chosen this model as an aerobatic F3A Model to Fly in the 2012 Flying Season for Steve Webb Models and ServoShop. Graham is also promoting OptiPower Batteries ( you have tried the fuel, now try the Li Po's). Graham's model is to be electric and we will bring details and more photos to the listing as soon as we get them.
Graham is using the following equipment in his model. Note this is extra to the kit price
- Take/Buy one Model Impulse XP F3A
- Motor Axi 5330/F3A
- ESC Jeti Spin 99 Opto
- prop 20x13
Batteries Required ( or similar if an E.P Set Up)
- OptiPower 10s 4700mAh packs (2x 5s 4700mAh) - Motor Power
- OptiPower 2s 850mAh lipo for servos
Radio Equipment Required
- Futaba 8ch HS 2.4GHz receiver
- Futaba BLS 551 Low profile servos for ailerons
- Futaba BLS 451 servos for elevator and rudder
- Jeti Max Bec Regulator
What Graham had to say - First Impressions
...the model I picked up from SWM last week.The model is from the TWM Direct range available from Steve Webbs, it's the Impulse XP 2m F3A composite model.
The model itself is stunning - perhaps if you're not an F3A fan, but I certainly think it's a cracking looking model, with a really stand out scheme, it's all painted with a fully composite fuselage and sheeted wings and tail, glassed and then painted also - making it super strong and very light, I'll be aiming for below 5kgs AUW to make it competition legal.
Some very nice features in the kit, all hardware included, all good quality, linkages all ball raced and very smooth, along with carbon linkages. Carbon trays and bulkheads within the fuselage, all pre assembled and fitted within the factory. Tank and carbon fibre spinner are also included, making the build fairly straight forward
Please note this model is not available through other model shops – only direct from Steve Webb Models & ServoShop.