Parkzone's version of this iconic Fw-190 replicates a type A-8 which first entered service in December 1943. Powered by a two-row BMW radial engine that had a cooling fan mounted in front of the cylinder heads this variant also featured extra armament and armour.
Attention to detail gives this aeroplane an extra air of realism for a smaller sized model. It not only features an accurate scale outline complete with moulded panel lines and hatches, but in addition has a scale colour scheme based on an aircraft flown by German ace Kurt Buhligen, who was credited with over 100 kills.
One scale detail of particular note is the functioning cooling fan that turns with the motor, adding a cooling benefit just as it did on the original full-size aircraft. The model also includes a removable centre mounted under-belly drop tank that can be made functional with the addition of the E-flite servoless payload release, as well as the optional to fit retracting landing gear.
The motor and propeller have been carefully matched to deliver both optimal power and duration giving the model an exciting fighter type performance typical of the full-size.
Designed by Kurt Tank the Focke-Wulf Fw-190 (Butcher Bird) was for a short time one of the most potent fighters in the skies over Europe when it first entered service with the Luftwaffe during World War Two, and was arguably the most capable warbird of its type in the European theatre until the advent of the Spitfire Mk IX.
When deployed as a fighter-bomber it was also used extensively against ground forces on the Russian front, as well as in North Africa, where it proved to be quite devastating.
- Wingspan: 1100mm (43.3 in)
- Overall length: 940mm (37.0 in)
- Flying weight: 1260g (44.4 oz)
- With retracts & tank release: 1320g (46.6 oz)
- Motor: 15-size 950kV Brushless
- ESC: E-Flite 30 amp
- Minimum required radio: 4 channel (6-channel with tank release and retracts)
- Servos: 2 aileron (PKZ1080), 1 Rudder (PKZ1090), 1 Elevator (PKZ1090)
- Receiver: Spektrum™ AR610 6-Channel DSM2™/DSMX®
- 4-channel control - throttle, elevator, aileron and rudder
- Powerful 15- size 950Kv BL outrunner
- E-flite 30A Pro Switch-Mode BEC brushless ESC, Servos factory installed
- Durable Z-Foam™ construction
- Panel line, pilot, gun and cockpit details
- Functional engine fan
- Trim scheme of World War II ace, Kurt Bühligen
- Bolt-on drop tank (optional drop tank release sold separately - EFLA405)
- Designed to accept E-flite 10-15 Size 74-Deg Electric Retracts (EFLG115 - sold separately)
Required to complete:
- Full-range 4+channel DSM2/DSMX aircraft transmitter (6+channel with tank release and retracts) - sold separately
- 3S 2000-2200mAh-25C LiPo battery (PKZ1029) - sold separately
- LiPo battery charger (PKZ1040) - sold separately