Horizon Vaterra (VTR03000I) 1/10th Scale Twin Hammers 4WD Rock Racer RTR
ABOUT THE CHASSIS
Twin Hammers is a new form of R/C Off-Road All Terrain Vehicle. A hybrid that draws upon its heritage out in the wilderness and amongst the canyons and Valleys of Mohave. A true Rock Racer, designed to traverse the flat open expanse of desert floor before scrambling over obstacles and clambering through rock strewn passes, blast Twin Hammers across the plains in its high range four wheel drive transmission before slamming it into low-range to execute the perfect crawl or clamber.
The two-speed transmission can be manually shifted whilst on-the-fly via the supplied Spektrum DX3E Transmitter for true Shift and Go action. In low range, Twin Hammers has all the capability associated with a 1.9 class Rock Crawler with its solid rear axle and differential-equipped front gearbox whilst in high range, it has buggy-like performance for higher speed runs. Though dimensionally smaller than other, 2.2 wheel equipped crawlers, Twin Hammers still manages to provide over 50mm of ground clearance and its lower, purposeful stance serves to improve its side-hilling and handling characteristics thanks to its lower Centre of Gravity.
Aggressively styled with is multi-piece lexan body panels and a polymer tuber-style exo-skeletal roll cage, Twin Hammers is contemporary amongst current class-1 off-road buggies. Itís low hood line is made possible thanks to the cantilever and push-rod front suspension which enables the coil-over oil dampers to be horizontally mounted away from the dirt and debris without sacrificing any of its essential wheel travel. Independent Front Suspension is provided via single wishbone and adjustable upper links, which endow Twin Hammers with dramatically improved handling characteristics over Rigs with a typical centrally pivoting trailing link arrangement. At the rear, true four-position link suspension enables incredible articulation of the solid rear axle whilst coil-over oil filled dampers provides the control to help scramble and clamber over the toughest of obstacles.
Waterproof electronics further enhance the go-anywhere appeal of the Twin Hammers making it arguably one of the most singularly versatile R/C off Road vehicles available today and its scale looks are completed by means of the functional spare wheel and tyre and the driver / cockpit moulding.
- Scale: 1/10th
- Length / Width / Height: 457mm / 248mm / 155mm
- Ground Clearance: 50.8mm
- Wheelbase: 295mm
- Chassis: Moulded
- Suspension: Cantilever front, trailing arm rear
- Shock Type: Oil Filled
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Differential: Front Gear Diff, Rear Locker
- Wheel Type: 1.9 Beadlock
- Wheel Diameter: 2.25" overall, 1.9" bead surface
- Wheel Width: 0.75"
- Tyre Compound: Blue
- Tyre Tread: Race Claws
- Tyre Diameter: 4.1"
- Motor Type / Size: Brushed / 540
- Pinion / Spur Gear: 28t / 78t
- Gear Pitch: 48p
- Internal Gear Ratio: Low: 4.05:1 High: 2.27:1
- Final Drive Ratio: Low: 32:1 High 18:1
- Radio: Spektrum DX3E
- Battery: 7.4v 2200mah 2S Lipo pack
- Charger: Lipo Charger 1.8A
- Body: Roll Cage with Painted body panels
- Ball Bearings: Complete
- LOW & HIGH GEAR DRIVE TRAIN - Go from crawling to high speeds at the push of a button without stopping. You can easily shift the two-speed gearbox into low range to tackle treacherous rocks and then shift into high range to blast across rough terrain.
- SCALE LIGHTS, COCKPIT & BODY PANELS - The Twin Hammers has a multi-piece body kit, an extensive toll-cage, a spare tyre on the back and an authentic-looking cockpit area.
- BEADLOCK WHEELS AND TYRES - Tackle the terrain in style. The Twin Hammers comes with five fully functional, realistic scale wheels and tyres that look just like those on the full-size truck.
- 4-LINK SUSPENSION - A single solid axle with rear shocks mounted on the trailing arms gives the Twin Hammersô rock racer a scale look that is simply unmatched in RC. It also lets you crawl or go on high-speed runs when you want, where you want.
DX3E SPEKTRUM 2.4GHZ TRANSMITTER
The DX3E transmitter gives you all the control you need for the Twin Hammers model and as one of the features of this model is the shift on the fly the transmitter has the third channel that enables you to switch between low and high gear on the fly at the flick of the switch. Itís tough to beat this easy-to-use system- modern Spektrum styling, interference-free driving, and added features such as battery indicator LEDs and steering dual rates plus compatibility with all Bind-n-Drive vehicles.
- 3-channel surface system
- Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology
- One model memory
- 2-position, 3-position or linear auxiliary setting
- Steering dual rate knob for easy adjustment
- Independent travel adjustment dials for all three channels
- Battery voltage level indicator LEDs
- Servo reversing on all three channels
- Number of Channels: 3
- Modulation: DSM
- Band: 2.4GHz
- Model Memory: 1
- Modes: Standard
- Battery Type: AA alkaline (4 included)